|For Windows 10/8/7/Vista/2008:|
For Windows XP/2003/2000:
Latest version: 4.5.7
File Size: 44.2mb
Price: $0 (Free)
Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, 2008, & 2003
Microsoft Windows Media Player 12, 11 & 10
Any player compatible with DirectShow
The Media Player Codec Pack supports almost every compression and file type used by modern video and audio files.
The package is simple to install, while also offering advanced settings to the high end user:
For simple installation select 'Easy Installation'.
For advanced installation options select 'Expert Installation'.
A codec is a piece of software on either a device or computer capable of encoding and/or decoding video and/or audio data from files, streams and broadcasts. The word Codec is a portmanteau of 'compressor-decompressor'
Compression types that you will be able to play include:
x264 x265 h.265 HEVC 10bit x265 10bit x264 AVCHD AVC
DivX XviD MP4 MPEG4 MPEG2 and many more.
File types you will be able to play include:
.bdmv .evo .hevc .mkv .avi .flv .webm .mp4 .m4v .m4a .ts .ogm
.ac3 .dts .alac .flac .ape .aac .ogg .ofr .mpc .3gp and many more.
Hardware enhancements include:
Graphics card GPU detection with known functional acceleration settings recommended to you during installation, including support for NVIDIA, AMD, ATI, and Intel dedicated or onboard GPU's. This also includes laptop and tablet settings recommended to improve performance and save power.
Processor identification and thread detection sets your codecs to use the best number of threads within the limits of each codec.
Resolutions supported include:
All resolutions, including SD (Standard Definition) 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, + HD (High Definition) 720i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 4k (Ultra HD) and beyond.
By using DVDFab Passkey for BluRay & DVD with this Codec Pack, Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 users can play:
Protected Bluray, AVCHD, DVD.
Package Codec Components:
* LAV Video decoder 0.74.1 Build 92 x86 & x64 (XP/2000 version is 0.69).
* ffdshow DirectShow Video Codec 1.3.4533 x86 & x64.
* XviD Video (Encoder) Codec v1.3.7.
* x264 Video (Encoder) Codec v44.2851.
* Lagarith Lossless Video (Encoder) Codec v1.3.27 x86 & x64.
* LAV Audio Decoder 0.74.1 Build 92 x86 & x64 (Legacy version is 0.69).
* Sony DSD Decoder 1.0 x86.
* DivX Audio Decoder 4.1 x86.
* DSP-worx Bass Source Filter/Decoder v126.96.36.199 x86.
* Haali Media Splitter/Decoder 188.8.131.52 x86 & x64 - For MP4, MKV, OGM and AVI files.
* LAV Splitter 0.74.1 Build 92 x86 & x64 (Legacy version is 0.69).
* ReClock Video renderer v184.108.40.206 x86.
* xy-VSFilter v220.127.116.11 x86 & x64 - Subtitle Readers.
* CDXA Reader v1.7.13 x86 & x64 (XP/2000 version is 1.6.8) - Also known as Form 2 Mode 2 CD or XCD x86 & x64 (Legacy version is 0.69).
* Icaros 3.1.0 x86 & x64.
* Application Tuning - Changes the default settings for Media Player Classic, NVIDIA 3D Vision Player, and Stereoscopic Player.
* Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.9.8 x86 (XP/2000 version is 1.6.8) - Selectable by right clicking on any file.
* Disc Handler - For double click playback on BluRay disc icons in Windows Explorer.
* Codec Settings GUI - Allows the user to modify codec, graphics and sound settings.
* Codec Settings UAC (User Account Control) Manager - Copies settings between users.
* Update Checker - Checks for updates once every 7 days (Administrator only).
* Tray Menu - Gives easy access to codec utilities and allows fast audio profile switching.
Guide - How to set file associations in Windows 8 & 8.1
Guide - How to set file associations in Windows 10