It’s with great pleasure that we announce the immediate availability of VMware Fusion 11.5!
Still on Fusion 10 or 8.5? Upgrade here with 20% off!!
This release comes as a free upgrade to existing Fusion 11 users, with Fusion 8.5 and v10 customers being still eligible for discount upgrade pricing. This release also extends support for v11 customers until December 2020.
Added to that we’re also running a 20% off sale right now! We wanted to make sure that folks who are still using older releases can get support for macOS Catalina without having to pay full price for the upgrade.
This video shows you the steps to install Microsoft Windows 10 using VMware Fusion 10/11 Pro virtualization program on macOS High Sierra operating system. Download VMware Fusion 11 and let your Mac run Windows, Linux or Mac OS X Server. Run the most demanding Mac and Windows applications side-by-side at maximum speeds without rebooting. VMware Fusion 11.5 for Parallels. List Price: $79.99. Chosen year after year as the preferred way to run Windows on a Mac, VMware Fusion gives users the speed and reliability that can only be delivered by the world leader in virtualization. Installing Windows 10 pro on VMWare Fusion 11 (for Mac OSX. I have a windows side of my Mac using VMWare Fusion and it has windows 7 on it. I purchased Windows 10 pro with help from Microsoft and now can't install it. I need help and have searched all over forums and can't get an answer. When I try to install the windows 10 drive it says 'can't.
So what’s new?
First up, Dark Mode.
When Dark Mode is enabled onl our Mac, Fusion transforms into a darker and more nighttime-friendly version of itself.
Fusion not only detects when Dark Mode is enabled and adjusts the user interface accordingly, but it also can synchronize the mode with Windows and macOS Guests who support the feature. This is a per-vm preference, and can be enabled in the VM Settings > Advanced window.
Next up: Sidecar
macOS Catalina introduces an incredible new feature called Sidecar that lets your Mac use your iPad as an external display.
With Fusion’s support of this feature, users can deploy a VM and drive it completely from your iPad, including support for the Apple Pencil and Bluetooth Keyboard. Works Wired or Wirelessly.
Also featuring: Jumbo Frames
Professionals oftentimes use Fusion and Workstation to deploy virtual lab environments, but when using some more advanced networking tools and techniques unfortunately some things didn’t work. One reason is because a larger MTU size was required for their virtual networks, but previously this wasn’t something users could configure.
Now with this support, savvy IT Pros and VI Admins can run a full vSphere, with NSX, virtual lab environment on Workstation with overlay support. (Given sufficient hardware resources, of course!)
There are a number of other reasons to use Jumbo Frames, including network performance advantages in enterprises and universities with supporting network infrastructure.
We’ve squashed bugs, improved performance and closed security holes, while adding support for the latest OS’s from Microsoft, Linux, BSD and Apple.
Still on Fusion 10 or 8.5? Upgrade here with 20% off!
We hope you enjoy, and please share your feedback in our community forums!
VMware Fusion 11.5.0 19 Sep 2019 Build 14634996
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
About VMware Fusion
VMware Fusion® 11 is the easiest, fastest, and most reliable way to run Windows and other x86 based operating systems on a Mac without rebooting.
For more information, see the broader VMware Fusion documentation.
All Macs launched in 2011 or later are supported except for the following:
2012 Mac Pro Quad Core using the Intel® Xeon® W3565 Processor.
2010 Mac Pro Six Core, Eight Core, and Twelve Core.
macOS 10.13 High Sierra minimum required
This release of VMware Fusion is a free upgrade for all VMware Fusion 11 users. This release provides the following:
- Support for the following operating systems as guest:
- Windows 10 19H2
- macOS 10.15
- Debian 10.0/10.1
- Debian 9.11
- Oracle Linux 8.0
- SLE 15 SP1
- FreeBSD 12.0
- PhotonOS 3.0
- Dark Mode: Fusion changes to a dark theme when Dark mode is enabled on your Mac. When Dark Mode Synchronization is enabled, the Light mode/Dark mode settings on the host system is synchronized automatically to the guest operating system.
- Sidecar support: You can use iPad as a second display for your virtual machine. For more information about macOS Sidecar, see Apple.
- Jumbo frame support: Virtual networks can now be configured with MTU size of up to 9194 bytes (Fusion Pro only).
- PVSCI device support: PVSCSI adapter is now officially supported by Fusion, which enhances the compatibility for virtual machine migration between Fusion and vSphere.
- Open VM Tools is the default VMware Tools for applicable Linux virtual machine: For more information, see Fusion 11.5 product documentation.
- Performance improvements, bug fixes and security updates.
This release of VMware Fusion addresses the following issue:
- Fusion 11.5.0 addresses the use-after-free and denial-of-service vulnerabilities. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the following IDs to these issues :
- CVE-2019-5527 (use-after-free )
- CVE-2019-5535 (denial-of-service)
For more information, see VMSA-2019-0014.
Features and Known Issues from prior releases of VMware Fusion 11 are described in the release notes for each release. To view the release notes for a prior release, click the appropriate link:
Vmware Fusion 11 Download Windows 10 Full
- Virtual machine fails to start, if Fusion is deployed to macOS 10.14.5 or above host that does not have Internet access
After using Fusion mass deploy package (DeployVMware Fusion.mpkg) to deploy Fusion to a macOS 10.14.5 or above, which has no Internet access, Fusion kernel extensions cannot be loaded when the deployed Fusion is launched, due to which virtual machine fails to start.
This issue is now resolved.
- The signature on the VMware Fusion.app is invalidated after it is upgraded with Autoupdate.
If the VMware Fusion.app is upgraded to a newer release by the built-in software updater, the signature on VMware Fusion.app is invalidated after the upgrade.
This issue is fixed in Fusion 11.5 release. VMware would like to thank Mikey (@0xmachos) for reporting this issue.
Vmware Fusion 11 Download Windows 10 64-bit
- On an iMac Pro or Mac Pro machine, the macOS 10.15 virtual machine panics while booting up
On an iMac Pro or Mac Pro physical machine, if you use Fusion 11.5 to create a new macOS 10.15 virtual machine, with operating system version greater than macOS 10.15 Beta 5, the macOS virtual machine can install and boot up successfully.
However if you use Fusion 11.5 to upgrade an existing macOS virtual machine from an older version (macOS 10.15 Beta 5 or lower) to a version greater than macOS 10.15 Beta 5, the macOS virtual machine panics in the bootup process after the upgrade.
Workaround: For the workaround, see https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/74672.
- On macOS 10.15 Catalina host, if you copy a file inside a virtual machine, the file will be pasted to host right after you move mouse out of the virtual machine window.
If you copy a file inside a virtual machine, the file will be pasted to the /tmp/VMwareDnd/ folder on host right after you move mouse out of the virtual machine window, this is not supposed to happen as the file is expected to be pasted to the host only after the paste operation is performed. Furthermore, while the copy is in progress, right clicking the Finder will cause it to be unresponsive, Finder will start responding once the copy operation is completed.
Workaround: Click Cancel on the copying progress bar to stop the unexpected copy, use the drag-and-drop or shared folder feature to transfer or share file between virtual machine and host.
- With more than 2 displays connected, Windows Vista or Windows 7 virtual machine can not enter Unity mode and Full Screen using all displays mode.
Virtual machine fails to enter Unity mode with a message Display Topology update request could not be completed in guest. When the virtual machine is in Full Screen using all displays mode, all the displays will show as mirrored screens.
Workaround: Navigate to Open Settings > Display, uncheck the Use full resolution for Retina display checkbox, then log off and re-login to the virtual machine.
- Some virtual machines may have a graphical glitch when running on a macOS 10.15 Catalina host with Intel HD Graphics 530 graphics card.
On Mac host which has Intel HD Graphics 530 graphics card and macOS 10.15 Catalina installed, some virtual machines may have a graphical glitch if the Accelerate 3D Graphics check box is checked and the Battery life is set to Use High Performance Graphics for 3D Applications Only or Don't Use High Performance Graphics.
Workaround: On the virtual machine's Display Settings, set the Battery life to Always Use High Performance Graphics when Accelerate 3D Graphics is checked or uncheck the Accelerate 3D Graphics check box.
- VMware Tools 11.0.0 kernel extensions can not be launched in macOS 10.11 or 10.12 virtual machine.
After installing VMware Tools 11.0.0 on macOS 10.11 or macOS 10.12 virtual machine, running the kextstat grep vm command in Terminal shows that no VMware Tools kernel extension is launched inside the virtual machine. As a result, all VMware Tools functions are not available, the virtual machine's resolution can not fit to the size of the virtual machine window and shared folders feature does not work.
Workaround: Use VMware Tools 10.3.10 instead.