Microsoft has released its new version of Windows 10 for all its users. You can install Windows 10 on your device in many ways, but instead of directly installing it on your device, it is better to test the OS. You can install Windows 10 on your device in VMware workstation. VMware Workstationis a hypervisor that enables users to set up one or more virtual machines (VMs) on a single machine, and use them simultaneously along with the actual machine. Here, you can find detailed steps that guides you how to install Windows 10 on VMware Workstation.
- How To Install Vmware Workstation 11 On Windows 10 Download
- How To Install Vmware Workstation 11 On Windows 10
- How To Install Vmware Workstation 11 On Windows 10 64
Product installation including VMware Tools for 64-bit operating systems. File size: 302.93 MB. Information about MD5 checksums, and SHA1 checksums and SHA256 checksums. Windows 10 Tech Preview can easily be installed in VMware Workstation 11 Tech preview. Even if the latest version of Microsoft's OS isn't on the list of supported OS, according to VMware Workstation blog, the Windows kernel don't differ much from Windows 8.x one.
Steps to Install Windows 10 on VMware Workstation
Step 1:Download the Windows 10 ISO
- Initially, Visit the Windows Insider Program to Download Windows 10 ISO.
- Sign up and then download the ISO using the above link.
Step 2: Download VMware Workstation
- Download the latest version of VMware Workstation (currently using 11).
- Click Here to Download VMware Workstation.
Step 3: Run the File
- Click the File>New Virtual Machine button to create a new virtual machine.
- Select Custom (advanced) configuration and click on Next.
Step 4: Specify path for your Windows 10 ISO file
- In the New Virtual Machine Wizard, specify a path for your Windows 10 ISO file and Click on Next.
Step 5: Select Operating System
- Select the guest operating system as Microsoft Windows.
- Choose the Version of the OS as Windows 8 x64 and click on Next.
Step 6: Specify New Virtual Machine Name
- Specify the name of Virtual machine (Eg: Windows 10)and Click on Next.
Step 7: Processor Configuration
- Specify the number of processors and number of cores per processor.
- Then, Click on Next.
Step 8: Memory Size
- Now, Specify the memory for your Virtual Machine as 2GB (give it in MB).
Step 9: Type of Network
- Select the type of network as Network Address Translation (NAT) and click on Next.
Step 10: Disk Capacity
- Specify the disk capacity of your virtual machine. Recommended size for Windows 8 is 60GB.
Step 11: Virtual Machine Created
- Click on Finish and your Virtual Machine is created.
Step 12: Windows 10 Setup
- Go through the Windows 10 installation process normally. Select your language and Keyboard layout and then click on Next to continue.
- Just click on Install Now so as to continue the installation process.
- Choose the type of installation from the two options as shown in the image below.
- Upgrade is used to upgrade your existing Windows 7 or 8 system to the new Windows 10 OS. Custom lets you install Windows 10 alongside an existing copy of Windows.
- Click the Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) installation option.
- Allocate Space for Windows 10 and click on Next.
- You can now run Windows 10 in VMware Workstation.
- Now, installation process starts for Windows 10 on VMware Workstation and it takes some time to copy and install the new version. A welcome screen displays after finishing the complete installation.
Windows 10 is now installed on VMware Workstation. Follow the above process and install Windows 10 on your device on VMware workstation. Hope this tutorial helps you install Windows 10 on your VMware workstation.
VMware workstation 11 is one of the latest VMWare versions which supports many guest operating systems including latest Windows 10.
Please check the system requirements from this URL for your installation to work.
Installing VMware Workstation 11 on Windows 8.1 Pro
Step 1: Download the copy of VMware workstation from this URL. Double-click the .exe file to start the installer.
How To Install Vmware Workstation 11 On Windows 10 Download
Step 2: On the welcome screen,Click Next to proceed with the installation.
Step 3: Accept the license agreement. Click Next.
Step 4: Click Typical. You may go for custom installation if you want to select certain features.
Step 5: Change the installation path if you would like. Click Next
Step 6: Uncheck the text box if you do not want to send statistics to VMWare and the click Next.
Step 7: Keep default selections to create a desktop Icon and a entry in the start folder, then click Next.
Step 8: Click Continue to start the installation wizard. This wizard can take 5 minutes to complete.
How To Install Vmware Workstation 11 On Windows 10
How To Install Vmware Workstation 11 On Windows 10 64
Step 9: Click Finish to complete the installation of VMWare Workstation.